6/14/09

Spring Break at Busch Gardens





I never wrote about our spring break vacation to Busch Gardens so I wanted to say a few things about that. We had so much fun. I will admit I was a little apprehensive to take the baby but she was an angel. We just took her stroller and took turns watching her while the other parent rode rides with the kids. The 3 older kids loved it. I was impressed with the park. I had not been there before. We went 3 days in a row and actually didn't end up killing any of the kids.
I was actually surprised by what an overprotective mom I was being while we were there. I was freaking out watching my kids on some of those rides. Melina, my 7 year old, is really small and I was so worried about her falling off or being thrown out of some of those rides. I was with her on the one that is like a big pirate ship that swings back and forth and then hangs upside down....I seriously thought she was going to fall out! So, I was screaming at her, "are you okay???...are you about to fall??...hold on!!". I'm sure I sounded ridiculous. She kept yelling back, "I'm fine!!! Stop saying that mom!!". Afterwards she told me she didn't want to ride it with me again because I was "freakin her out with all that stuff I was saying". Nice. I have always loved rollercoasters but man I must be getting old because I kept getting headaches everytime I rode one of those really fast ones. What a wimp. Oh, and Neil even rode on one ride that went upside down...he actually wasn't quite tall enough but Rick taught him to stand on his tippy toes when they measured him so he would be tall enough. I wasn't too happy about that.
I really enjoyed watching the kids have fun. They just enjoyed every moment of our vacation. Our passes are for the rest of the year so we will be going again sometime soon.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I loved going to Busch Gardens when we lived there back in the day. I used to really enjoy those rides. But I've turned into a nervous mother now too! :)

LindaO said...

Did I miss something at Busch gardens??? I went about 5 years ago while visiting my dad and I though it nothing compared to the Magic Kingdom! Perhaps we missed things..., because your pictures look funner (nice english) than ours. I just remember getting attacked by birds in the aviary.