6/12/09

The Ol' Family Garage Sale...

Oh yes...we are doing a garage sale this weekend with some good friends of ours. This is always a funny thing to me. My husband Rick is hilarious when it comes to things like this. He is a neat freak and LOVES to get rid of things. I am like that to an extent but not nearly as bad as he is. So, Rick is going through everything in the house and trying to sell anything and everything possible. The kids go around paranoid of what he will put in "the pile".

We have only done a couple of garage sales before because we just don't keep things we don't use or don't have room for. This only makes Rick more determined to find things. He drug in the ladder this morning and got up in the attic (garage sale is tomorrow). Melina and I watched as he threw numerous things down from the attic. The kids were thrilled when they spotted some of their old toys...however things heated up as Rick was trying to put everything in "the pile". I had to fight hard to keep a little buggy for Savannah (helpless 5 month old) that was once Neil's. I won that one, barely. I did, however, lose the fight over the little table Neil was wanting but Rick was determined to sell...Ill keep working on him.

I love my husband's determination but man is this guy serious about his garage sale! And by the way, the money we make is not for some fun vacation or family toy...it is going straight to paying off debt. We are now on the Dave Ramsey "Total Money Makeover Plan" and we are determined to be debt free. Only then am I allowed to get a bigger house...which our growing family could really use. But this is a good thing. We are working hard and I know it will pay off soon...until then we will all hide our favorite things from Rick.

No comments: