6/18/09

The HEAT is ON...

Okay, I love living in Florida...lots of sun, warm weather, etc...but the HEAT this week has been a little much. It's been 98 or 99 degrees with a heat index of 105-110. I know, all of us Floridians have been griping all week about it and we need to just get over it because we do, after all, live in Florida. But I like to gripe about the heat when I'm sweating in my own house with the AC on trying to get ready to go out to dinner with Rick and blow drying my hair wondering why I took a shower if I was going to be all sweaty again 10 minutes later. I even tried blow drying my hair on the cold air setting, that only lasted a couple of minutes and I realized I would be drying it for quite a while. Meanwhile Rick is telling me it's time to go. Our AC does work but come 3 or 4 in the afternoon the air is blasting but it's still about 78-80 in the house.


The kids keep wanting to go out and play and then they only last about 10 minutes. Their new thing is to ask to play with the water hose. Sure, why not. So, they are outside in their play clothes squirting each other...looking like a bunch of redneck kids. They love it and they're happy so I guess I love it too. We do have a few friends with pools that we mooch off of now and then. One day we will have our own...one day...can't wait.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

What a fun new template and banner! Yeah, those hot, humid Florida summers were always hard to take--especially with the hair dryer on! :)