7/5/09

July 4th



Our good friends the McRae's invited us out to their lakehouse for the 4th of July. We went down on the 3rd and spent the night along with some other friends. Our kids get so excited to go to the McRaes. They get to ride the jet ski and boat and swim all day long. The Burtons and the Lowerys came out on the 4th and so our kids had other small kids to play with....and I had plenty of adults to help hold Savannah! We really have great friends and enjoy spending time with them.
The kids got to kneeboard around the lake, even Neil. Thankfully Rick stayed pretty calm this year and didn't try killing himself on the wakeboard! All the women went on the big tube and Blair was determined to throw us all off. Amanda and I went for a pretty fast ride and eventually he succeeded in throwing us off. Surprisingly I'm not sore today.
On the 4th they do a parade on the lake. Everyone decorates their boats and rides around the lake as everyone else sits on their dock and claps and waves. The kids love it and helped decorate the boat.
...correction, I was very sore the next day in my shoulders and arms from the tubing...I should have known I just didn't wait long enough before I said something!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

please tell me that's not how they decorated the boat for the parade, c'mon, you guys could have done way better!