9/3/09

Nina's "Spa" Birthday Party

Coming up with good birthday party ideas for my kids is really quite painful for me.  I really just want a simple party with a few friends...is that asking too much??  My husband thinks I should go all out for the kids every year...of course he does!  I'm the one who does all the work!

Well, this year Nina's party was pretty simple and she loved it.  I picked her up at school along with 5 of her friends and we went out to my mother-in-law's house.  The ride out (about 20 minutes) and back was probably one of the favorite times of the party.  The girls were all singing along to the Taylor Swift CD...at the top of their cute little lungs I might add.  It was hillarious.

So, we did a "spa party" theme.  Not a bad idea.  They wore their PJ's and we soaked their feet, massaged their feet with lotion, painted their toe nails and fingernails and even added little stickers on top.  I even clipped a lot of their crazy looking toe nails.  They loved it and felt very pampered.  I had two helpers, my mother-in-law Lynda and my daughter Auburn. 
Cute huh?  This doesn't even show all the fingernails!  We were doing all this in my mother-in-law's large master bathroom...as to avoid any spills on her nice floors.
Here's the whole crew...boy are these girls little drama queens!  You should hear the earful I get everyday after school about the drama on the playground...can't wait till the teen years!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ohhh, looks like so much fun! i'm good with keeping it simple too but it looks like you went all out again, good job (good job, lynda and aub too)