9/14/09

35 years old today...

30 didn't bother me at all...I'm not saying that 35 is bothering me...but I will admit it hurts a little more than last year.  I guess I can't keep telling myself I'm in my early thirties, although my Mom informed me that 33 was mid-thirties I was content to think that you weren't mid-thirties until 35.  Whatever.  Rick is 9 months older than me and always lumps me in with his age so to him I've been 35 all year...thanks hon.  Time seems to be going by faster these days (a sure sign that you are getting older). 


I hear that in your thirties you start caring less and less what other people think of you...I can say that that statement is true for me.  In my twenties that dominated my life!  But now, not so much.  I do things more for me and don't worry as much what others say or think...I said 'as much'...I still care more than I'd like to...maybe by 40.

My BFF took me to breakfast this morning.  What a good friend.  We had a good time.  I see how having several good girlfriends makes your life more fun and less stressful...thanks girls. 

I'm going to do a little shopping, for myself, and enjoy the day.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Happy Birthday, Lori! I hope you have a great day. :)

LindaO said...

Hey, Happy Special Day! I hated 35! It does hurt! Are you coming out this weekend for the game?

Brett said...

I thought I was your BFF??? Ha ha! JK I totally would have taken you out on your birthday though. Happy late B-day. I'll catch up in November.

Kim said...

I hope you had a great birthday! And I hope what was true for you will be true for me too- I am so ready to not care what people think anymore! Beth promises me it will happen...