8/5/09

Glad that's over with...


Neil turned 4 last week. I naively thought I could get away with an easy party with a few of Neil's little friends. He wanted to have it at his grandparents house and for that I was grateful. They have much more room and they have a pool for the kids to swim in...so I wouldn't have to come up with any games either, nice.


A few friends quickly turned into about 10 or 11 little boys...even that would have been okay except that all those boys have siblings and in the end we had about 17 kids there, 20 if you count the babies. My stress level was rising every minute during the party. I was worried about my in-laws nice home with all those wet little bodies and not to mention the chocolate icing and ice cream. I just tried to keep everyone outside and thankfully everything was fine. The pic above is Neil sword fighting some of his friends...his favorite thing to do in the whole wide world.

Here is Neil on Rick's shoulders about to do his famous belly flop. He was acting pretty wild during his party...definately not my shy little boy anymore. He loved all his toys and even added a few swords to his already large sword collection (obsessed!).



3 comments:

Wendi said...

What a cute post! Happy birthday to your son. We always have our birthday parties elsewhere also. It does help with the stess-level...at least a little bit. :)

freya said...

Lori! You're blog is awesome! I can't believe Neil is 4! That's crazy! And Savannah is soooo adorable! Keep up with your running! It's well worth it! You should do some Gulf winds races on Saturdays, they're really laid back and fun and I always think running is better when there are a lot of people to pace yourself against and race ha. Let me know if you're ever interested in doing one!

Sarah said...

nice!