8/23/09

Beach Trip

The kids and I went to the beach with my mom and some of my sisters and their kids for about 4 days...we had 5 adults and 10 kids...which may not sound like bad odds but let's just say that around the 3rd day we all decided that next year we would be bringing the husbands to help out with the kids!

Here's my kiddos with their sunburned faces...curse you mom and dad for our pale skin!

Here's Granny taking a stroll with the grandkids...the lighting was perfect that evening and we got a lot of great shots.

Even the birds were cooperating with my photo shoot!

I think Leah was telling off the lazy boys...go girl!

Here's the 3 oldest cousins...they think they are so cool.

Here's me (left) with a few of my sisters...Mary (who was 9 months pregnant and had her baby 2 days later...Brody! Brody!)...then Adrienne, a.k.a. Aunt Agie, and lastly Annette, a.k.a. Aunt Nettie. By the way, I'm glad someone was watching the kids in the background...we were too worried about looking good for the pics! The waves were actually pretty big for the east coast...there was that tropical storm out there somewhere so we got quite a few big waves.
I will miss this walk...not much better in life than going to the beach.

Here's me with my little beach boy...he loved the beach and wanted to be out there nonstop.

Annette and I are trying to pull off a good pic for the photo albums...we opted for the sitting down pose versus the standing pose which doesn't leave much room for hiding areas we may still be working on after having a baby...

We couldn't keep these 5 out of the water!

4 comments:

Wendi said...

I miss the sound of the ocean surf and the beautiful views, but not the mess that comes with going to the beach! Cute pictures! :)

Brett said...

I miss the beach! How fun that you are all so close to each other that you can do this. What day did your sister have her baby? I had mine on August 12th. So glad not to be pregnant anymore. AND never again! WHoo hoo. Well barring any accidents! I feel at my limit for sure with 5.

LindaO said...

I miss the beach too!!! How fun for the cousins to be able to all get together. And how is it possible Mary is pregnant? I still think of her as being 12 or something like that???

Sarah said...

looks like so much fun! school's only been in session for 2 weeks and i already miss summer! great pics too!