3/18/10

Melina's Gymnastics Winter Wiggle


Melina begged and begged to take gymnastics and we finally caved.  She has been taking for almost a year now and she LOVES it.  We are really glad she begged us into it because she is so good and she works really hard and loves it so much.  Above are a few pics of her on the balance beam with her coach, Yelina, who is from Russia and is very strict with the girls but also is a great coach.  My Mom went to watch her one day at practice and texts me 'what is this a Russian concentration camp!'.  She was witnessing all the pushups pullups and other exercises they do at class along with climbing the 20' rope (I about had a heartattack the first time I saw Melina climb it...I just knew she was going to fall and break a bone).


Floor exercise...it was such a cute routine and Melina worked so hard to get it just right.


The vault and the uneven bars...they don't do too much with these yet at her level but she loves the bars.


They all got a medal at the end and Melina, as usual, was scared to death to get up in front of everyone.  Thankfully I remembered to buy her flowers this time.


She will kill me for putting this one on here.  She tries so hard to get every move just right but when she concentrates she opens her mouth very wide and sticks her tongue out (I'm going to blame this one on Rick).  I think it is cute but she is very self conscience about it and has tried so hard to stop but when she is really into what she is doing she can't help it :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

nice! i'll be watching for her in the 2014 olympics