10/22/09

Neil's new crush




I started noticing that Neil was talking an awful lot about a little girl in his preschool class named Evee (they are all 4-5 years old). The new thing on the playground is for the boys to chase the girls...and Neil is fascinated with this girl that runs so fast he can't catch her. He's told me at least 5 times how, "Evee is soooo fast!...I can't even catch her!". Apparently this is impressive to Neil and he finally told me how much he really likes her.

We were lying in my bed waiting for Rick to get home. Neil wasn't tired because I let him nap way too long during the day. Anyway, he started talking about chasing the girls again...with a huge smile on his face. Then he says, "Warner has a girlfriend." So I say, "really?". And then he says, "I had a dream that I kissed Evee (looking embarrassed with a big smile on his face)". I said, "Oh really??...do you really like her?" And he says, "Yes, she's pretty..." and I add, "...and super fast." It was so cute because I could tell he liked talking to me about it but was also embarrassed at the same time. Then he says, "I want to marry her." (He's fascinated with marriage and is always jealous that Rick and I are married and he is not). Then he says, "I can pick whoever I want to marry, right?" And I said yes. So, he says, "So, I can marry (holding a finger up for each girl he names) Maddy or Anna Jewel or Evee or Kaylee...this many girls right?" I remind him he can only pick one so he says, "then I pick Evee". So cute. I love that little boy so much. This morning he tells me what he told me about Evee is his secret and I can't tell (...so instead I just blog it to all my friends and family)



5 comments:

Wendi said...

How cute is that?! And I love the picture of him. :)

Sarah said...

is it weird that he already likes girls? i don't know, i'm seriously curious...

in any case, evee is one lucky girl!

Kim said...

That is one adorable story, indeed! Don't worry...I won't tell Evee! :) So thank you so much for the offer to let me go shopping on your web site! you rock! :D They're all very cute so it was a tough decision...but alas, after much deliberation, I think I have finally decided on the Fuzzy Duck! Our little guy's name will be Julian. I think the colors are great, except if you could perhaps change the brown (of the lettering and border) to another color that might work better in our nursery:) Maybe a blue? We have reds, greens, yellows, whites, and blues in our nursery...let me know if you want me to get more specific. And if you can't change that, it will still be cute! (or you think another color would look better other than blue, that's great!) Thanks so much, Lori! I'm excited!

Jennifer said...

Hey, I know this girl and her family, you should get to know them I think you guys would get along well. They're only here for a year. They're in 3rd ward, ask Rachel B. about them. Cute cute story.

Brett said...

Now you need to secretly hang out and take pics of them on the playground! I want to see his little crush! Way cute. Especially for a boy cause usually they don't care about girls all that much. Got to be the fast runner thing!